- First screenplay. The original script for the movie was written for Dana Carvey and Jon Lovitz, but they turned down the roles.
- Alternate casting choices. Will Smith and Martin Lawrence were not the first choices for the lead roles. The filmmakers considered Arsenio Hall, Eddie Murphy, and Wesley Snipes for the role of Marcus Burnett, and Martin Lawrence was only given the part after they all declined.
- Budget. The budget for the movie was $19 million, and it grossed over $141 million worldwide.
- Set location. The movie was shot on location in Miami, Florida, and several scenes were filmed in famous Miami landmarks, including the Fontainebleau Hotel and the Versace Mansion.
- Car scenes. The famous car chase scene was originally supposed to take place on the freeway, but the filmmakers had to change the location to downtown Miami because the city did not allow filming on the freeway.
- Film producers. The movie was produced by Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer, who also produced other successful action movies, such as Top Gun and Beverly Hills Cop.
- Soundtrack. The movie’s soundtrack features the hit song “Bad Boys” by Inner Circle, which became a popular theme song for the movie.
- Film popularity. Bad Boys was followed by two sequels, Bad Boys II in 2003 and Bad Boys for Life in 2020.
Director: Michael Bay
Cast: Martin Lawrence, Will Smith, Téa Leoni, Tchéky Karyo, Theresa Randle, Joe Pantoliano, Marg Helgenberger
Release date: April 7, 1995
Runtime: 119 minutes